Stack Advisors is growing and looking to add an RMM Consultant to our team. If you think you’ve got the right mix of technical chops and client services skills, we’d love to have you apply.
Stack was founded in 2011 and you can learn more about the company here. It’s a quick but thrilling read. You won’t be disappointed.
The RMM Consultant serves as the primary support team consultant; providing guidance, recommendations, and support for our clients’ RMM solutions. Performing both consulting and support, the standard day will focus on making the RMM solution work best for the client.
To accomplish this, the right RMM Consultant will use their years of customer service and MSP experience to perform workflow changes, enhancements, reactive support, and proactive support to clients’ RMM environments. Enhancements will focus heavily on scripting and monitoring, utilizing the RMM Consultant’s years of system admin experience.
When not performing direct support and consulting, the RMM Consultant acts as a senior resource on the support team assisting and mentoring Support Specialists on day-to-day issues that arise. Incidents are reported by one of three ways; phone, email, or the Stack Advisors portal. These incidents are tracked in a central ticketing system which, upon being triaged by the Service Manager, are dispatched to the RMM Consultant in order of priority.
- Provide ‘Best in Class’ service and support for client RMM environments.
- Be active in RMM communities such as forums, user groups, and general networking.
- Occasional travel to client locations throughout the country and international.
- Developing scripts, monitors, SNMP, and definitions for all RMMS supported as part of issues identified working with clients not just requests via incidents.
- Perform onboarding and off-boarding of clients, developing and maintaining a written and automated process.
- Perform upgrades, migrations, and new product installations regarding RMM server and solutions.
- Utilize the years of gained experience and advanced customer service skills to find new and creative ways to solve challenging problems that others were unable to solve.
- Using a strong attention to detail, identify opportunities for improvement in client environments.
- Mentor and assist with training of new and existing engineers.
- Provide proactive support to client RMM environments ensuring that incidents and tickets are avoided.
- Work with and follow up with vendors & partners concerning their products and service issues.
- High level of communication both written and verbal which includes full ticket ownership, following up to ensure the issues are resolved in their entirety, and the end user is satisfied.
- Communicate with technical staff and escalate outstanding issues when required.
- Document time and notes in each ticket as the work is happening. At the end of each day, time entries will add up to total the time worked during the day.
- Provide networking and system admin experience as needed by other consultants and developers.
- Attend Stack Advisors company and team meetings.
- Take part in the on-call rotation.
The Right Candidate:
- Ambition and drive to do things right the first time
- Isn’t afraid of people. A wildly successful consultant knows the only way to really keep everything in check is to overly communicate.
- Can’t get enough knowledge. Constantly looking to learn and gain knowledge is what sets a true pro apart from the crowd.
- Recognizes the “devil is in the details”. Being detail oriented isn’t enough; a meticulous approach is what differentiates a problem solver and a symptom fixer.
- Wants to make a huge impact on the IT world. Understanding that it takes a lot of hard work and true dedication to rise above the rest and become the one everyone goes to for help.
- Has a minimum of A+, LTCP, and mySQL Certifications, or is in progress, and is able to demonstrate that studying wasn’t done just for the shiny piece of paper.
- Some RMM experience necessary.
- 3 Years of Systems Admin or Systems Engineer experience
- 2 Years working at or with an MSP
- Has a high school degree or equivalent
- Comfortable working primarily as a remote consultant at a desk and not traveling around.
- Recognizes that in order to be successful, documentation is of utmost importance. Comfortable documenting time throughout the day on a granular level. When a problem with client documentation is found, the focus is to fix it rather than just complain about it.
- Is able to pass a quick typing test averaging over 45 wpm. With all that typing, the hunt and peck method just doesn’t cut it.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Training, and lots of it.
- We pay for your certifications
- Unlimited growth potential in a fast growing company; we promote from within!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health benefits, 401(k)
- 3 weeks PTO + holidays + your birthday as paid time off
- Company outings
Ready to make a difference for yourself and others?