The Stack Advisors team operates around the US.
Summary of Position:
The RMM Consultant serves as the primary consultant; providing guidance, recommendations, and support for client’s RMM solutions. Performing both consulting and support, the standard day will focus on making the RMM solution work best for the client. To accomplish this, the RMM Consultant will use their years of customer service and MSP experience to perform workflow changes, enhancements, reactive support, and proactive support to client’s RMM environments. Enhancements will focus heavily on automation scripting and monitoring, utilizing the RMM Consultant’s years of System Admin experience. When not performing direct support and consulting, the RMM Consultant acts as a senior resource on the support team assisting and mentoring Support Specialists on day-to-day issues that arise. Incidents are reported by one of three ways; phone, email, or the Stack portal. These incidents are tracked in a central ticketing system which, upon being triaged by the Director of Services, are dispatched to the RMM Consultant in order of priority.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide ‘Best in Class’ consulting for client RMM environments.
· Utilization of gained experience and advanced customer service skills to find new and creative ways to solve challenging problems that others were unable to solve.
· Using a strong attention to detail, identify opportunities for improvement in client environments.
· Provide proactive approach to client RMM environments ensuring that incidents are minimized.
· Work with, and follow up with, vendors & partners concerning products and service issues.
· Provide a high level of communication both written and verbal which includes full ticket ownership, follow-ups to ensure the issues are resolved in their entirety, and the satisfaction of end users.
· Communicate with Service Team and escalate outstanding issues when required.
· Provide networking and system admin experience as needed by other consultants and developers.
· Be active in the RMM communities such as Forums (Slack Channels, Reddit, LabTech Geek), User groups (Facebook and LinkedIn) and general industry networking.
· Develop scripts, monitors, and custom solutions for all RMMs supported by Stack Advisors.
· Perform onboarding and off-boarding of clients, developing and maintaining a written and automated process.
· Perform software upgrades, server migrations, and new product installations related to an RMM server and its solutions.
· Document time in each ticket as the work is happening. At the end of each day, time entries will add up to the time of 8 hours worked during the day.
· Attend all Company and team meetings as required.
· Take part in the on-call rotation, if required.
· Certification requirement: A+, HDI, LTCP (or LT equivalent), MYSQL
· Experience requirement:
2+years of Systems Admin or Systems Engineer experience
1+ years working at or with an MSP
· Knowledge requirement: ConnectWise Automate
· High school degree or equivalent
· Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication
· Ability to work sitting, using a keyboard, and speaking on the phone hours at a time
Soft Skills Requirements:
· Ability to learn quickly
· Customer facing with excellent social skills and “bedside manner”
· Strong desire and keen interest to constantly be learning
· Meticulous and detail oriented
· Ability to troubleshoot effectively
· Ability to work independently with little supervision
· Willingness and ability to teach and train others
Measurements of Accountability:
· 100% compliance with documentation and tracking requirements
· Meet individual quarterly goals
· Continued automation of the internal process
· Ownership of assigned issues and effective, timely completion of tasks
· Adherence to company policy
· Others as defined by management